Monday, January 13, 2014

Proper use of tools

I came across an article on ezine that i thought was very insightful. Here's a quote: I've noticed that a lot of people seem to use their wood lathe tools pretty much indiscriminately, they fire up their lathe, get a piece of wood turning and grab whatever chisel, gouge or spear is nearest at hand and start carving away. This works to a certain extent, but results are not going to be as good as they could be. In order to turn a professional looking piece it's absolutely necessary to use the right tools for the job.

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3848186 

This is a very good point and I've noticed this myself, especially during my time as a shop teacher. Students in particular are likely to goof around and not use the correct tools even if they are available. Do you know what the right tools for the different phases of your project are? I hope so.

I've been at this for a long time so the answers seem obvious to me, but that wasn't always the case

No comments:

Post a Comment